Important Note: All E License Candidates must be pre-registered and paid in full by February 21, 2013. Please call (860)674-1500 with any questions.
We are once again pleased to work with the Connecticut Junior Soccer Association to offer the E License course at the Soccer Champions Coaches' Clinic at Mohegan Sun.
E License candidates should read the information below carefully as pre-event coursework is required to participate in the E License this year and there is the possibility that some number of E License candidates might have to complete their E License Practical Field Test at Post-Event Testing Sites in several locations across Connecticut.
* Massachusetts Youth Soccer coaches must have completed their F Certificate in order to participate in this E Certificate course (F Certificate to E Certificate waiting period has been waived for this special offering).
Instructors: CJSA Staff & MYSA Staff
IMPORTANT: To earn your E License, coaches MUST:
- PRE-REGISTER for this E License Course offering & PAY their clinic registration fee in advance of the clinic;
- print out your copy of the E License Candidate Guidebook (click here to download: http://www.cjsa.org/coaching/pre-coursematerial.aspx )
- complete assigned pre-event coursework (click on this link for an outline of required pre-event coursework which must be handed in at the time of event registration on Thursday, February 28th to CJSA staff running the E License course: http://www.cjsa.org/coaching/pre-coursematerial.aspx ),
- AND, are required to attend all regular Soccer Champions Coaches' Clinic session as listed on the "Event Schedule" page PLUS the additional E License Sessions listed below (these are also outlined on our general Event Schedule).
Required Additional E License Courses (E License candidate also must attend all clinic general sessions):
Thursday, February 28, 2013:
4:00 - 5:00PM: Event/E License Registration (must be checked-in by 5PM to participate in course)
5:00 - 9:15PM: E License Sessions (Lecture)
Friday, March 1, 2013:
6:15 - 8:15PM: E License Sessions (Lecture)
Saturday, March 2, 2013:
4:45 - 8:45PM: Final E License On-Field Practical Field Test Sessions* (Field)
*Possible POST-EVENT Testing for Practical Field Test:
Based on the number of candidates participating, some E License candidates may be required to attend Post-Event Testing Sites to complete their Practical Field Testing component of the E License. The Practical Field Testing component of the E License is mandatory as of late 2011.
We have two off-site testing sessions scheduled for the 2013 Clinic at the following locations and on the following dates:
1280 Newfield Street
8:00AM - 11:00AM
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Waterbury Athletic Center
It is likely that Connecticut-based coaches will be asked to attend one of these post-event testing sessions in order to receive their E License. Exact details will be determined on-site at the clinic depending on the size of the E License class. We will do our best to accommodate coach requests but we reserve the right to assign E License candidates to one of these off-site Practical Field Testing sessions if we cannot complete all tests on-site.
28 Hamilton Park Road
10:30AM - 1:30PM
Sunday, March 24, 2013
E License Checklist
BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS with you to the Soccer Champions Coaches' Clinic at Mohegan Sun:
- Downloaded Candidate's Guidebook (see link above). For pre-course assignments, please go to Section 7, page 64, of the Guidebook.
- Completed Assignment #1, Team Management (Select one option (A, B or C), complete and bring completed assignment to clinic):
- Assignment A: Personal Coaching Philosophy; OR
- Assignment B: Training Plans; OR
- Assignment C: Coaching Behavior Self-Analysis.
- Completed Assignment #2, Laws of the Game
- Part A: Complete and bring Grade 8 Referee module completion certificates; AND
- Part B: Review listing of FIFA rules and bring brief written description of how each rule applies.
- Completed Assignment #3, Risk Management
- "Heads Up" program certificate of completion
- Inflated soccer ball
- Clipboard and pen
- Practice Plan
- Please dress in order to participate in soccer activities to the best of your ability.
Field sessions will take place in the Mohegan Sun Convention Center's Uncas Ballroom.
Lecture sessions will take place in the Mohegan Sun Convention Center's Upper Level Meeting Rooms.
Members of the Connecticut Junior Soccer Association and Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association coaching staff will teach all special E License courses.
The Soccer Champions Coaches' Clinic would like to thank CJSA for all its help with this special event offering.