Click Here for IMPORTANT INFORMATION for Connecticut-Based Coaches Completing Their Practical Field Test at Post-Event Testing Sites.
We are once again pleased to work with the Connecticut Junior Soccer Association to offer the "E" License course at the Soccer Champions Coaches' Clinic at Mohegan Sun.
"E" License candidates should read the information below carefully as pre-event coursework is required to participate in the "E" License this year and there is the possibility that some number of "E" License candidates might have to complete their "E" License Practical Field Test at Post-Event Testing Sites in several locations across Connecticut.
*Massachusetts Youth Soccer coaches must have completed their "F" License in order to participate in this "E" License course ("F" License to "E" License waiting period has been waived for this special offering).
Instructors: CJSA Staff & MYSA Staff
IMPORTANT: To earn your "E" License, coaches MUST:
- PRE-REGISTER for this "E" License Course offering & PAY their clinic registration fee in advance of the clinic.
- Download the "E" License Candidate Guidebook: U.S. Soccer "E" License Guidebook (ALL "E" License candidates must either bring a printed or digital copy of this guidebook to the event).
- Complete assigned pre-event coursework (required pre-event coursework outlined below) which must be handed in at the time of event registration on Thursday, February 27th to CJSA/MYSA staff running the "E" License course.
- Attend ALL required "E" License sessions at the Soccer Champions Coaches' Clinic as listed on the Event Schedule page PLUS the additional "E" License Sessions listed below (these are also outlined on our general Event Schedule as well).
Required Additional "E" License Sessions:
(In addition to the following sessions, "E" License candidates also must attend ALL general clinic sessions)
Thursday, February 27, 2014:
4:00 - 5:00PM: Event/"E" License Registration (must be checked-in by 5PM to participate in course)
5:00 - 9:15PM: Required "E" License Session (Lecture)
Friday, February 28, 2014:
6:30 - 8:30PM: Required "E" License Session (Lecture)
Saturday, March 1, 2014:
12:00 - 1:00PM: Receiving and Turning & Dribbling to Set-up a Pass (Field)
5:00 - 8:45PM: "E" License Testing**
"E" License Checklist
BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS with you to the Soccer Champions Coaches' Clinic at Mohegan Sun:
- Copy of the U.S. Soccer "E" License Candidate Guidebook (print OR digital version)
- Completed Laws of the Game assignment, parts A & B
Completed assignment "A" of the Team Management Pre-Course Assignment: Personal Coaching Philosophy (please complete this specific assignment for the 2014 Soccer Champions Coaches' Clinic)
Printed certificate for completion of the "Heads Up" Program/Concussion Awareness program (either via email confirmation or screenshot)
A blank, printed copy of the U.S. Soccer Lesson Plan
Inflated soccer ball
Clipboard and pen
Please dress in order to participate in soccer activities to the best of your ability
All Pre-Event Coursework is also outlined on the U.S. Soccer "E" License website.
- Part A: Complete the U.S. Soccer Referee exam ("E" License candidates are required to complete modules 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17); AND
- Part B: Research and write a brief report on the rationale of modified small-sided games rules. Read and review the modifications for the following FIFA Rules: 1 Field, 2 Ball, 3 Players, 5 Referee, 6 Assistant Referee, and 7 Duration of Game
**Possible POST-EVENT Testing for Practical Field Test:
Based on the number of candidates participating, some "E" License candidates may be required to attend Post-Event Testing Sites to complete their Practical Field Testing component of the "E" License. The Practical Field Testing component of the "E" License is mandatory as of late 2011.
We have two off-site testing sessions scheduled for the 2014 Clinic at the following locations and on the following dates:
Sunday, March 16: 8AM - 12PM
Advanced SportsPlex & Training Center
1280 Newfield Street (Route 3)
Middletown, CT 06457
Sunday, March 16: 7:30PM - 10:30PM
It is likely that Connecticut-based coaches will be asked to attend one of these post-event testing sessions in order to receive their "E" License. Exact details will be determined on-site at the clinic depending on the size of the "E" License class. We will do our best to accommodate coach requests but we reserve the right to assign "E" License candidates to one of these off-site Practical Field Testing sessions if we cannot complete all tests on-site.
Newtown Youth Academy Sports & Fitness Center
4 Primrose Street
Newtown, CT 06470
Field sessions will take place in the Mohegan Sun Convention Center's Uncas Ballroom.
Lecture sessions will take place in the Mohegan Sun Convention Center's Upper Level Meeting Rooms.
Members of the Connecticut Junior Soccer Association and Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association coaching staff will teach all special E License courses.
The Soccer Champions Coaches' Clinic would like to thank CJSA for all its help with this special event offering.